Social Networking Sites

                



               Where should I start? Like I had said previously in one of my posts I did not get into any social networking site until this past September when I was sort of forced to make some (read below). I mean I did have a Facebook back in middle school and towards the beginning of High School but than it got so annoying plus none of my friends were there because they were moving into the new thing at that time, which was Instagram. I never made it too Instagrm because I have a hard time taking pictures, it’s just not my thing. I walked away from social media for about 3 years, until I had to make a Facebook account for a group project in my English class. I barely use Facebook these days unless someone sends me an invite for an event and I have to accept or my family from Ecuador wants to do a video call. It’s simply not that fun, especially with all the video advertisements that I just saw when I opened it. 
            Where do I start with Twitter; I hope I don’t loose any points from this class but I hate Twitter I never thought I would have to make an account until I learned it was part of this class. I just feel like it’s such a waste of time and has information that is so misleading.  You only have a set of characters to explain or express yourself and a bunch of people behind their computers that act tough. At the end of the day tweets can be very powerful depending from the person it’s coming from, and what we see more often is people tweeting without a disregard to real facts. Hey maybe Twitter can get some fact checking going on and maybe I will take a look at it in the future.
            LinkedIn is very interesting to me these days because it has helped me connect with professionals and learn more about them and their companies as well as connect with colleagues. I like how the platform is very serious and follows through their mission of building professional connections. However I feel like the lack the reach of other industries such as creative. The format of the platform is oriented towards business professionals and doesn’t promote the creative individuals that also are looking for jobs. I also believe the website is forgetting to brand the employee and focusing too much on the employer. Of course this is where they get most of their revenues but they should focus on the employees like us and help us build our professional network even more.
            Finally, Instagram. This is the only social platform that I enjoy at the moment although I still hate taking pictures. It has connected me with some of my close friends and also keeps me updated on my favorite sports teams and players. Lately, different pictures/videos of destinations around the world that I hope to someday visit have also intrigued me. The story function that it copied from Snapchat has also grown on me, it’s a good way to interact with close friends.

            Maybe social media is not for me and I’m just more of this old fashion person who enjoys a conversations in the real world.

Comments

  1. I really dont like twitter either . Made one because of my job because passengers give us shout outs based on our customer service experience 🤦🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking: Better or Worse than the Real Thing?

Modeling Reality with Virtual Worlds